Assistant/Associate Professor of Occupational Therapy
successful candidate for this tenure-track appointment will be a registered
occupational therapist that is licensed to practice in Massachusetts. The
candidate should have a minimum of 3 years of documented experience in
occupational therapy assessment and intervention, with a strong clinical
background in one of the following areas of practice: adult & aging
physical disabilities; adult & aging mental health; infants, children &
youth medical and chronic disabilities; infants, children & youth mental
health and learning and developmental disabilities; population/community
health, wellness and prevention.
ideal candidate will have a strong academic record, including a demonstrated
interest in conducting scholarly activities, disseminating findings on
scholarly activities to advance the discipline/profession, and the potential
for advancement in teaching, research/scholarly activity, and service that will
qualify them for promotion to the rank of Associate Professor.
· Doctoral degree (e.g. Ph.D., Ed.D., OTD, Sci.D.) from a regionally accredited institution.
· Experience in an academic setting including teaching, curriculum development, instructional technology use preferred.
· A minimum of 3 years of documented clinical experience in occupational therapy in one of the following areas: adult & aging physical disabilities; adult & aging mental health; infants, children & youth medical and chronic disabilities; infants, children & youth mental health and learning and developmental disabilities; population/community health, wellness and prevention.
· Current NBCOT Certification
· Current AOTA Membership
· Current Massachusetts License to Practice
· Valid Driver’s License
Excellent fringe benefits including tuition remission for employee, spouse, and dependent children.
Western New England University is a private, independent, coeducational institution founded in 1919. Located on an attractive 215-acre suburban campus in Springfield, Massachusetts, Western New England University serves 3,900 students, including more than 2,600 full-time undergraduate students. Undergraduate, graduate, and professional programs are offered through Colleges of Arts and Sciences, Business, Engineering, and Pharmacy, and School of Law.
Western New England University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We welcome candidates whose background may contribute to the further diversification of our community.
In alignment with the University’s commitment to health and
safety, all Faculty and Staff are required to be vaccinated and provide proof